TODAY HALEY IS: TODAY MACKENSY IS:

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Catching up....

In this post Haley is 1 year and 28 days old:

Well, I must say that January hasn't been a good month for posting. Here we are on the 15th day of the new year and I am just now sitting down to write a post. I apoligize, life has been busy, and I haven't taken the time I should to update you all.

We started the new year on a sad note. On New Years Day, my Grandmother Sarah Virginia Hollis passed away at the age of 85 years of age. She had been in poor health for some time, but her death was somewhat unexpected. Ethan, Haley and I were planning to leave for NC for Elijah's birthday on New Years eve, but due to Grandma taking a turn for the worst, we elected to leave a day early. We got to Greenville, SC on New Years Eve, and I was able to see her, and tell her how much we loved her. She passed away the next day. She will be very much missed, but there is no doubt that she is in Heaven, and celebrating meeting The Lord!

Our visit to the mountains was not as exciting as we'd hoped, but we did celebrate Elijah's birthday, and go to Ethan's parents cabin in TN. It has really come a long way, and we look forward to vacationing over there!

Haley has been really blossoming these past few weeks. She is "talking" non stop, but we are having to try and figure out what she is saying! She got her last round of shots until Kindergarten this past Friday, and I am not sure if it was harder on her or me! I'm just glad it's over!

Ethan and I are doing well, trying to stay warm in this cold weather we are having! Our dear friends Stuart and Sarah are expecting their second child next Friday, and we are really looking forward to a trip to the coast next month to meet little Miss Paige! We know Pressley is going to be a great big sister, and can't wait to see the whole family!

I'll make a slideshow of the pictures we have been taking, and post that soon! Until then, check out the video below and you can see exactly what Haley has been up to!

Love,

Susan

2 comments:

Rory Mullen said...

OMG she's TOTALLY walking! she might be a little hesitant right now, but once that confidence kicks in she's gonna be running every which way! thanks for the update (and ESPECIALLY for the video). again, i'm so sorry 'bout granmda hollis but praise the Lord she's with him now!

meurrier said...

What do you mean she is officially "taking steps"? That girl is WALKING!!! Yay, Haley!! I am going to have my hands full on Feb.11!!