TODAY HALEY IS: TODAY MACKENSY IS:

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little Nostalgia

In this post Haley is 1 year, 1 month, and 3 days old:

As I have shared, we lost my dear grandmother on New Years day. I remind you of this to give a little background for the pictures in this post. When I was a baby (nearly 30 LONG years ago) my Grandma Hollis hand sewed me a beautiful dress. My daddy took a picture of me in it, and it is by far one of my favorite pictures of myself. I know that sounds very vein, but the picture reminds me of her love for me.

When I was about to give birth to Haley, mom brought over a bag full of blankets and such that were mine when I was a baby. Now remember, no one knew what we were having, other than Ginger, the nurse at the Doctors office who did the ultrasound, and she was sworn to secrecy. Anyway, included in this bag of stuff was this dress. Mom had kept it all this time, and even though she was SURE that Haley was a boy, she figured it was time for me to hang on to it instead of her.

Little did I know how special it would be to me to put Haley in this dress, and try and recreate this picture.

So, enough of the background info....here are the pictures

Baby Susan (at about a year or so)
Baby Haley today

3 comments:

Rory Mullen said...

wow, that is amazing! and what a beautiful dress! grandma hollis did a great job and would be so touched to see haley in it today! so sweet.

Carina said...

Oh, how adorable you both are! That must have been such a sweet and wonderful experience. We have a dress that both my mom and I wore (I'm her oldest daughter) for our baby blessings (like a christening), and I can't wait to have a daughter so she can wear it, too. I love the heritage behind things like this. Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

That is adorable! And a good story too.