I look back on this blog, and for the first 18 months of Haley's life I did a really good (well for me anyway) job of writing. Then I got pregnant, had Mackensy, and disappeared. So I was thinking, what would be a good way for me to get back into blogging, without putting so much pressure on myself, but while still documenting the memories of our lives right now. Some of my friends do "Ten on Tuesday" and that might be a good idea. But what if I have other thoughts, that I want to remember? So, I think I'll just start posting random thoughts, pictures, etc. Sometimes I'll include a lot of info...sometimes I'll just put it up here to document what is going on. Anyway, I will try.
So, since today is Tuesday, I will give you 10 "Things" that are going on that you might want to know about or I might want to remember.
- We are living in a tiny duplex. Well, not totally tiny, but pretty small. We bought 3.5 acres of beautiful land and sold our house. We hope to start building in the next few weeks. Keep your fingers crossed. We are ready! We are doing the construction ourselves with the help of Ethan's brother in law and father. They will tell us what to do, who to call etc. Haley has determined that the duplex is TOO SMALL, and she is ready to move. Patience might be hard to come by
- The girls are sharing a room for "real" now. They have all of their toys in one room. Both dressers. Everything. And it is right across the hall from our room. They want Ethan or I to lay down with them when they go to bed, and we have to sneak out. I never thought I would be one of "those mom's" whose kid had to be laid with to go to sleep. But, I guess I am just soft in my old age LOL. I remind myself that it won't be long before they don't want me IN their rooms at all...so I cherish these times.
- I started a new job in April. I still work for Ole Miss but I work for the Center for Mathematics and Science Education on campus. I am the Outreach Coordinator, and I LOVE my job. Very blessed.
- Ethan is still really enjoying his role as the Coordinator for Fire Protection Services here on Campus. It is such a blessing to have him home every night and weekend. I'm not sure how I ever survived otherwise.
- Haley started her second year of Preschool this year at Willie Price. She is 42 inches tall and weighs about 40 lbs. She is wearing size 5 pants because she is all legs...but the waist is way too big. She is sassy..trying to see what she can get away with. We are certainly having some battles these days, but for the most part she is a sweet, kind, loving child. She never has problems at school...she saves those for us at home :)
- Mackensy turned 2 in June. She is 35 inches tall and about 29 lbs. Another tall skinny kid. She still has curly hair and she talks VERY well. She likes to do EVERYTHING that Haley does, which "makes her a headache" according to big sister. But truth be told Big Sister LOVES baby sister. She will be at Kim's for this year and good Lord willing will start Willie Price next fall.
- We are down to one chicken, and she is "staying with a friend" until we get our house built. Her name is noodle...and she is something else. We learned where the term "broody old hen" came from this summer.
- Football season is among us. First game is in 2 weeks and we are probably going to have another rough year here in Oxford. But we have a new coach, a new AD, and hopefully a new spirit among the fans. I love the Rebels regardless and I get mad when folks get bent out of shape over a bad season. It doesn't help the players.
- Mackensy and Haley both LOVE the water. We went to the beach with Ethan's family for a week, and neither of them wanted to do much of anything but be in the pool. Haley could touch the bottom so she didn't want to wear her life jacket. And remember the part about Mackensy wanting to do everything Haley does? You guessed it. She refuses, FLAT OUT WILL NOT, wear a life vest. Not floaties. Nothing. She thinks she can SWIM. So she jumps in, goes under, kicks up and then expects to be "caught" at which point she smiles and wants to do it again! I am working on lessons for her :) Haley is doing better at swimming under water, we will be doing lessons for her again as well.
- I have made some great new friends this year. I still have a lot of friends I am close to from years past, but my new job has brought on some new friendships, and for that I am super thankful!
Until next time