TODAY HALEY IS: TODAY MACKENSY IS:

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A week later...

I know you guys are not believing this...but here I am posting again this week! There won't be any pictures as Ethan and I just got new phones and all of our pictures were on the old phones...but I will try and do better next time.

Since last week, not a whole lot has been going on. But, I kind of like the having to write ten things, and since it is Thursday, we'll go with "Ten on Thursday"
  1. We finally had a pretty laid back weekend and we were grateful for that. Saturday I hosted a baby shower for a dear friend of ours, Sarah Jacobs. Sarah's husband Chris and Ethan were roommates a LONG time ago, and we are super excited for them to be having their first child. Abigail Grace Jacobs should be here around early November.
  2. I got sick this week. No fun. Monday morning I woke up with a bit of a sore throat but just figured it was my sinuses draining. By yesterday I had a fever and felt awful. Well I had an Upper Respitory Infection. Good times. Two shots and a lot of rest later I am on the mend! 
  3. My brother, sister in law, nephew and two cousins are coming to town tomorrow! I am so excited to see them and so excited that they will be here for the first Ole Miss game of the season! We have a new coach so we are excited about the season!
  4. Haley seems to be maturing more and more every day. She says things that blow me away, and her converstations actually are starting to make sense.  She is a joy to have around :)
  5. Mackensy is proving that she is going to be a force to be reckoned with. She is much harder headed than her big sister...and I really didn't think that was possible. She will fight for her way as long as she possibly can. We have had some sleep issues since moving into the new place, and she got in a habit of wanting us to lay down with her. We let her cry, she screamed. We spanked her, she came back for more. It took SO long to break her of this...much longer than it ever took Haley to break of such things.  Can't wait until we take the thumb away....anyway even with her hard hardheadedness she is so funny and such a cuddle bug! We are blessed to have her as a part of our lives!
  6. We have the plans ready for the house. Working on the stuff for the bank now. Saying that we are ready to start is an understatement. Haley is already planning her first sleepover there!
  7. Our land is amazing. It is just so peaceful out there. This past Sunday Ethan took the girls out there while I cleaned the house and they had a blast. Went walking through the woods (Haley needed Ethan to draw her a map, so he did) they fished, they played, had a great time. It has been our dream for some time to have land like this that we could do these things on. Can't wait to walk out our backdoor to do the same things :)
  8. I can't believe it is almost September. I'm not sure where this year went. It seems like yesterday that Haley turned 4 (in December) and then Mackensy turned 2 (in June) and here we are about to do it all over again!
  9. Haley is excited about Halloween. She knows what she wants to be, but she won't tell me. Says it's a secret. Not real sure how this is going to work out :)
  10. Hurricane Isaac hit the Gulf Coast yesterday on the 7th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. Thankfully the damage seems to be much less severe, but August 29th is a bad day in History yet again. 
Ok, that about sums it up for this week. I'll  try and make it 3 for 3...but not making any promises!

Until Next time

Susan

No comments: